I spend months looking at which camera I should get in addition to my DSLR. I primarily wanted it for vlogging and a camera that was easy to travel with and transfer the photos to my phone quickly. I use it for my travel vlogs on my new Youtube channel which you can see here and on my recent trip to Paris. During this Europe trip I took my Canon G7x and my DSLR but it surprised me that I ended up using the G7x way more than my SLR.
Here are the reasons I love the Canon G7X Mark ii;
- It’s Small & Lightweight – I was surprised how helpful this aspect has been! I now carry this camera with me 90% of the time in my purse and it constantly comes in handy.
- Perfect for Travel – I went to Europe with it this year and was able to keep it in my pocket and quickly pull it out for photos as needed.
- Built-in Wifi – You can connect your camera to your phone and use your phone as a remote control to shoot the camera! You can also transfer photos in seconds which makes it handy for posting on social media fast.
- Flip Out Screen & Face Recognition – You’re able to register your face in the camera so it will always focus on you and with the top flip up screen you’re able to see how you look at all times without it looking like you’re staring at something.
- High Quality – It surprised me that the photos have been coming out similar quality to my SLR camera and the video does SO well in low light.
- Wide Angle – I love how wide the shot is which makes it so easy to shoot flatlays or group photos.
You can buy this camera new and used at Amazon as well as other retailers, click here for details.